[Mesa-dev] [RFC PATCH 0/26] Implement ARB_texture_multisample
maraeo at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 06:20:41 PST 2013
Hi Dave, here's a preliminary review.
1) The depth and integer texture sample limits should be set according
to driver support, we probably don't have good queries for that.
- R6xx cannot do depth MSAA textures.
- R6xx and R7xx cannot do integer MSAA textures.
- Color resolve with R11G11B10_FLOAT is buggy on R6xx, so we don't
support the format with a sample count > 1. This limitation might be
tricky to report with ARB_texture_multisample.
2) textureSize should use the TXQ_LZ instruction for multisample
textures (LZ = level zero, i.e. there is no lod parameter). IIRC, TXQ
doesn't work on R600 if you set the lod parameter to non-zero.
3) ARB_texture_multisample can also be exposed using the table at the
beginning of st_init_extensions, which defines CAP -> extension
On Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 10:10 AM, Dave Airlie <airlied at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> This series adds support for ARB_texture_multisample in core mesa
>>> and the i965 driver, and initially enables it for Gen6.
> Just FYI, I've got most of the gallium/r600g side of this working here
> needs a bit of cleanup, and review, but it shouldn't take too long
> once your tree is merged.
> mesa-dev mailing list
> mesa-dev at lists.freedesktop.org
More information about the mesa-dev