[Mesa-dev] Regarding Mesa python files

Chad Versace chad.versace at linux.intel.com
Thu Jan 31 08:01:46 PST 2013

On 01/30/2013 04:16 AM, Ramesh Reddy Emmadi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are working on mesa-8.0.4 and compiling with opengles2 option and using the default glapi_gentable.c and glapitemp.h.
>
> We would like to know whether we can generate these two files for opengles2 specific . if it is please let us know the command to generate.
> 1) glapi_gnetable.c
> 2) glapitemp.h

If you want OpenGL ES2, you should add these flags when you call the configure script: --enable-shared-glapi --enable-gles2. This will give Mesa support for OpenGL and OpenGL ES 2.

It is not yet possible to build Mesa without OpenGL (that is, non-ES) support. The glapi dispatch tables always contain the OpenGL entries even if you don't want them. That doesn't cause any bugs, it just wastes a little bit of space. We want to fix that, but haven't had time yet.