[Mesa-dev] How do I start contributing to Mesa?

Arnas Milaševičius giant1gf at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 06:37:14 PDT 2013

Hello,

First of all, I'm not sure if it's the right place to ask such a question,
but I'll try. I've started learning OpenGL and I really want to contribute
to Mesa project, but the way to do it had always been a mistery for me. As
a beginner contributor, I still don't understand which bugs should I take,
how do I fix em? It's like, you take the bug, but... where the heck do you
start fixing it? How do you find the core of the problem? I see many people
telling that the best start is to start fixing bugs you have, but atm I
don't have any problems that'd bother me.

So, could anyone point me to the right direction? Maybe share your
experience, how did you start, what do you do when you start fixing bugs
and how should I fix em as a beginner, etc?