[Mesa-dev] R600 backend patch avaiable for Mesa 9.1

Tom Stellard tom at stellard.net
Fri Mar 1 14:59:24 PST 2013

Hi,

I've generated a patch from the master branch of my llvm tree
(http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~tstellar/llvm/) that can be applied against
the LLVM 3.2 code base to add the R600 backend.

For the Mesa 9.1 release, this patch is required in order to use the
radeonsi driver, experimental compute support with the r600g driver, or
the experimental LLVM shader compiler with r600g.

In addition, there are three bug fixes to core LLVM libraries that the
R600 backend depends on that should also be applied.  These fixes are
not included in the larger R600 backend patch.

The R600 backend and LLVM bug fix patches can all be found here:

http://people.freedesktop.org/~tstellar/llvm/3.2/

-Tom