[Mesa-dev] [RFC] GLX_MESA_query_renderer

Ian Romanick idr at freedesktop.org
Sun Mar 3 17:28:43 PST 2013

On 03/01/2013 09:30 PM, Nicholas Miell wrote:
> On 03/01/2013 03:14 PM, Ian Romanick wrote:
>> New Procedures and Functions
>>
>>      Bool glXQueryRendererIntegerMESA(Display *dpy, int screen,
>>                                       int renderer, int attribute,
>>                                       unsigned int *value);
>>      Bool glXQueryCurrentRendererIntegerMESA(int attribute, unsigned int
>> *value);
>
> Should these have ARB_robustness-style buffer size parameters?

Hmm... many queries don't have size parameters, even with
ARB_robustness, because the amount of data returned is always knowable
in advance.  See issue #6 in that spec.  In the (as yet unposted) piglit
tests, I have a couple tests that make sure the queries don't return too
much data.

Adding a size parameter might make it more future proof, but I'm having
trouble even imagining a query that would be appropriate for this
extension and have a variable payload.  Either way, I can add it as an
issue.