[Mesa-dev] OSMesa VTK

Brian Paul brianp at vmware.com
Wed Mar 13 07:40:52 PDT 2013

On 03/13/2013 04:04 AM, Kevin H. Hobbs wrote:
> My tests of nightly VTK built against nightly OSMesa failed last
> night.
>
> The onscreen builds are fine.
>
> The OSMesa build tests now fail with all black output but I
> haven't found any error message to inform me of what's going on.
>
> I know osmesa just switched to Gallium: that is reflected in
> VTK's LoadOpenGLExtension test output :
>
> GL_VERSION: 2.1 Mesa 9.2-devel (git-6173cc1)
> GL_RENDERER: Mesa OffScreen
>
>      became
>
> GL_VERSION: 2.1 Mesa 9.2.0 (git-f7ef83c)
> GL_RENDERER: Gallium 0.4 on llvmpipe (LLVM 3.0, 128 bits)
>
> Mesa was built :
>
> ./autogen.sh \
>    --prefix=/home/kevin/mesa_nightly \
>    --enable-glx \
>    --enable-dri \
>    --enable-shared-glapi \
>    --enable-gallium-llvm \
>    --with-gallium-drivers=nouveau,swrast \
>    --enable-osmesa

I just rebuilt with those options (but a different prefix) and OSMesa
seems OK here.

Can you tell me what the parameters are for your OSMesaCreateContext()
and OSMesaMakeCurrent() calls (in particular the image format/type)?

You could also try setting GALLIUM_DRIVER=softpipe and see if the
softpipe driver works.

-Brian