[Mesa-dev] r600g missing Bump mapping

Vadim Girlin vadimgirlin at gmail.com
Wed May 8 18:15:53 PDT 2013

On 05/09/2013 02:42 AM, Dragomir Ivanov wrote:
> Hi there,
> I just fired Doom3 on 64 -bit Arch Linux (no 32 libs involved), to test
> r600g progress.
> Game runs fine, but I can't see bump mapping effects as on Catalyst under
> windows. They are enabled in the options. Does Mesa/r600g support bumps?
> AMD E-350 here. Evergreen class GPU.

Here are two screenshots made with git mesa on evergreen with Ultra
settings, the only difference is toggled bump mapping option:

http://i.imgur.com/Cl0hamf.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/4IsjrR3.jpg

To me it looks like bump mapping works. Could you provide more detailed
info (with screenshots etc) to demonstrate your issue? Also you might
want to try resetting game options to default to make sure that you
don't have any nonstandard tweaks.

Vadim