[Mesa-dev] Updated megadrivers series (megadrivers-6)

Eric Anholt eric at anholt.net
Sat Oct 12 03:03:31 CEST 2013

I've also updated the set of driver changes to set a global variable
so that the loader doesn't *have* to update to createNewScreen2.  This
in particular makes the change for the X Server that I just sent out
backportable, since the new structs in dri_interface.h meant that
you'd need a new Mesa (or some build hacks) installed to build your
old xserver with new Mesa compatibility.  Let me know if the global
symbol reacharound trick there is just too disgusting -- we can still
go the createNewScreen2() route, it's just unlikely to see
backporting, I think, and that seems like a worse outcome for
developers.

The series can now be found at "megadrivers-6" of my tree.  I'm hoping
to push it whenever the X Server change lands.