[Mesa-dev] EXT_image_dma_buf_import FD ownership

John Sheu sheu at google.com
Sat Oct 12 03:06:31 CEST 2013

On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 5:54 PM, Chad Versace
<chad.versace at linux.intel.com> wrote:
> Yes. Let's update the spec to have a saner interface before we lose a handle
> on all the consumers.

Sweet.

> To my knowledge, there exists only two implementations.
>
> ARM ships an implementation for Android on Mali. I don't see such
> a spec update hurting ARM, because Android devices
> are fairly locked down systems with a monolithic source tree for each
> device.

As far as I know, the Mali driver dropped to Android doesn't have an
implementation yet, so we're clear here.  The Mali driver dropped to
ChromeOS does -- because I implemented it :-).  So I think we're good
on spec changes with respect to Mali.  If the Intel folks are fine
too, then we can do it.

I should probably let Tom Cooksey chime in on this though.

> As you saw in Mesa, only Intel supports the extension. Today, Piglit
> is the only consumer. And there exists no real Mesa release that
> supports it. (That is, Mesa 9.2 doesn't support it; only git master
> does).

Even better.  We'll break almost nothing.

-John Sheu