[Mesa-dev] Mesa 10.0 stable branch and release plans

Ian Romanick idr at freedesktop.org
Tue Oct 29 05:10:20 CET 2013

There had been some discussion at XDC about Mesa 10.0 release plans, but
I don't think anyone committed to anything.  The plan I pitched was to
create the 10.0 branch on 10/31 (feature freeze) and release on 11/27.

There are a lot of patches on the mailing list in need of review
(Curro's ARB_shader_atomic_counters, Anuj's ARB_sample_shading,
Fredrik's ARB_vertex_attrib_binding, and probably others), and one or
two more are likely to hit the list this week.

I've also looked over the bug tracker, and there are shockingly few
regressions.  It looks like people have been jumping on bugs shortly
after they have been reported.

I think this should make it safe to create the branch on 11/7 instead of
10/31 without moving the release.  How do folks feel about that?