[Mesa-dev] gallium-bind-sampler-states branch

Brian Paul brianp at vmware.com
Thu Sep 12 17:46:30 PDT 2013

I just pushed a gallium-bind-sampler-states branch to my git repo at
git://people.freedesktop.org/~brianp/mesa

It replaces the four
pipe_context::bind_fragment/vertex/geometry/compute_sampler_states()
functions with a single bind_sampler_states() function:

  void (*bind_sampler_states)(struct pipe_context *,
                              unsigned shader, unsigned start_slot,
                              unsigned num_samplers, void **samplers);

At this point start_slot is always zero (at least for non-compute
shaders).  And as the updated gallium docs explain, at some point calls
to bind_sampler_states() will be used to updated sub-ranges, but that
never happens currently.

I've updated all the drivers, state trackers, utils, etc.

I've tested the svga, llvmpipe and softpipe drivers.  'make check' and a
texture subset of piglit pass w/out regressions.  I'd appreciate it if
other driver developers would test their favorite driver.

Next, I'd like to consolidate the
set_vertex/geometry/fragment/compute_sampler_views() functions with a
single function.  But I have no idea when I'll get around to that.

-Brian