[Mesa-dev] context sharing of framebuffer objects

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Sun Sep 29 17:18:28 PDT 2013

Hey,

So for virgl I was praying I could avoid having to keep a GL context
on the host per guest context but it appears to do
NV_conditional_render properly I either need the ability to
suspend/resume queries (maybe I could write an extension) or I need
contexts :-(

So this led me to look at the spec and the mesa code, and I noticed it
appears at some point maybe around 3.1 that FBOs are no longer
considered shared objects at least in core profile, but mesa always
seems to share them, just wondering is someone can confirm I'm reading
things correctly, and if so I might try and do a piglit test and a
patch.

Dave.