[Mesa-dev] Choosing texture internal format in GLES

Rogovin, Kevin kevin.rogovin at intel.com
Mon Sep 30 00:36:51 PDT 2013

Hi,

> No, I said it would be better to use st_choose_matching_format in st_ChooseTextureFormat,
> because st_choose_matching_format does exactly what you're trying to do.
>
> I have gone ahead and implemented what I had in mind. See the attached patch.
>
> Marek

One thing to make sure of in the tables used by st_choose_matching_format in GLES1/2: that HALF_FLOAT and FLOAT make the texture 16-bit and 32-bit texture respectively(for when half float and/or full float textures are supported). From a developers point of view, the GLES1/2 glTexImage parameters of external format and type are to essentially determine the format of the texture; the idea was/is that in GLES1/2 glTex[Sum]Image calls were not supposed to do format conversions, so the developer selected the format with the external format and external type parameters.