[Mesa-dev] megadrivers series

Eric Anholt eric at anholt.net
Mon Sep 30 13:44:37 PDT 2013

Here are the megadrivers changes, after the prep series I posted earlier.
A few tiny updates to the prep series are available in my tree as
"megadriver-prep" and this series is available as "megadrivers-5"

FPS improvement on GLB2.7 with INTEL_NO_HW=1: 2.61061% +/- 1.16957% (n=50)

One question I have is whether the hardlinks are going to cause problems
for packaging.  I noticed that when I went and stripped the binaries
trying to do a space comparison, I of course got brand new inodes each
taking up their own set of disk space.  I do really like how hardlinks end
up for installing on my test systems -- a single binary I can move around
however I need.

video from the talk I gave at XDC:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fJq-2haT3Y

I think Emil has been looking at doing the gallium side of things, so I
haven't pushed forward with that.

Note that the megadriver build does require an updated loader. I've done
EGL and GLX, but the xserver still needs updating.  If I get some acks on
the ABI I chose, I'll go do that.