[Mesa-dev] RFC: mesa/st dynamic sampler support in tgsi

Bryan Cain bryancain3 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 13:14:44 PDT 2014

On Mon, Aug 4, 2014 at 11:54 PM, Ilia Mirkin <imirkin at alum.mit.edu> wrote:

> Another apporach I've tried is to just use a TEMP register as the
> indirect offset here. Unfortunately this gets destroyed by
> st_glsl_to_tgsi's various optimizations which assume that temp
> registers can't be reladdr's and so messes up the values. I started
> adding support for that, but then quickly realized that was probably
> not the right thing to do.
>
> So... should I increase the number of address registers to 1? Or is
> there some other simple approach that I'm missing?
>
> Thanks,
>
>   -ilia

The problem you are having with the optimizations in glsl_to_tgsi is
because, as you say, it doesn't check the reladdr fields when calculating
live intervals.  I'm currently in the middle of reworking the live interval
calculation - if you don't mind waiting a day or two for me to finish the
patch set and send it to the list, I can add that change to the reworked
function in the patch set.