[Mesa-dev] The long road to 'make dist' (gallium#2)

Emil Velikov emil.l.velikov at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 14:23:57 PDT 2014

On 30/08/14 05:33, Matt Turner wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 4:44 PM, Emil Velikov <emil.l.velikov at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello list,
>>
>> Another boring yet important series, if we are to have properly working
>> solution to package a mesa release tarball via 'make dist'.
>>
>> This series covers a few state-tracker files missed out previously,
>> picks up all the gallium tests, tools and drivers.
>
> Thanks for doing this. I don't think I've done anything worth a R-b,
> but the series is
>
> Acked-by: Matt Turner <mattst88 at gmail.com>

Thanks.

> The only real question I have is about whether the Android build files
> need to be in the tarballs. I have a very slight preference for not
> doing it, more so if Adrian says we don't need them.

Don't think Adrian had the chance to try building mesa recently, let alone run
it :'( The build is somewhat broken - should fix it soon (tm).

I have a couple of guys from the Android-x86 project that tend to use
tar-balls when possible, not to mention that I'm adding pretty much everything
in. IMHO it comes a bit odd to explicitly opt-out of the Android one - it does
not make the tarball that much bigger (either size or number of files).

-Emil