[Mesa-dev] Possible delay in mesa 10.4.0 release date

Emil Velikov emil.l.velikov at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 07:11:47 PST 2014

Hello all,

Kenneth kindly pointed out in an earlier thread [1] that it's quite
likely that drivers for older hardware are somewhat busted.
A quick look at my local piglit runs, shows that the classic swrast has
a staggering number of regressions ~130 and only ~20 fixes. These stats
come from the 10.4 branch wrt mesa 10.3.4.

So with those in mind I'm thinking about delaying the 10.4.0 release
until mid/late next week, roughly by that time this series [2] should
have landed addressing at least some of the issues.

Anyone cares to state their opinion for or against the idea ?

To the owners of older hardware [3]:
Can anyone run a regression check between mesa 10.4.0-rcX and 10.3.{3,4}.
We all like to avoid having a release with broken drivers, so your
assistance will help us prevent that :-)

Thanks,
Emil

[1] http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/mesa-dev/2014-December/071939.html
[2] http://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/37887/
[3] Hardware that is powered by i915, nouveau_vieux, radeon, r200 or r300.