[Mesa-dev] opengl fill modes

Roland Scheidegger sroland at vmware.com
Fri Dec 5 19:30:27 PST 2014

Hi,

this might be a stupid question, but if you use opengl fill mode line /
point are the shared edges/vertices in strip (or fan) primitives drawn
multiple times? My pedantic reading of the spec would seem to say yes
(because it essentially says tri strips form individual triangles for
rasterization, and only there are they converted to points/lines), and
this is what we actually do in the draw module, but I have some doubts
that it's actually true or at least that modern hw operates like that?

Oh and a followup question if it's wrong, what would be the primitive
ids associated with such lines / points when resulting from such
decomposed tri strips?

Roland