[Mesa-dev] Build mesa for Intel platform

Emil Velikov emil.l.velikov at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 00:36:00 PST 2014

On 10/12/14 15:54, Victor Rodriguez wrote:
[snip]

> Hi thanks a lot for the help
>
> My Mesa is working more than fine , however  I was wondering if you
> think that could be better to just include the correct *drm.h instead
> on the specific function that requires , ie:
>
> static int
> drm_get_pci_id_for_fd(int fd, int *vendor_id, int *chip_id)
> {
> #include <radeon_drm.h>
>
> Of course it is not a functional code , I just try to say that with
> this new organization each *drm.h might be included  just on the
> function that is required and the libdrm packages could be more slim
> for each architecture ( why should I have a radeon.h file if I do not
> have a readeon card? )

The *drm.h files are shipped by libdrm. The latter of which is a hard
requirement for either one of libdrm_{nouveau,intel,radeon...}.
So "slimming it down" will, imho, only cause the code to be less
readable/pleasant to look at :)

I think you're worrying over nothing here - do you have a concrete
example where it can cause any issues ?

Cheers,
Emil