[Mesa-dev] r600/sb loop issue

Vadim Girlin vadimgirlin at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 14:59:08 PST 2014

On 12/16/2014 01:30 AM, Dave Airlie wrote:

>>> Based on my limited understanding of the code:
>>>
>>> Acked-by: Alex Deucher <alexander.deucher at amd.com>
>>

>> Alex, thanks for the review, I understand you wanted it to get into mesa
>> release, but it really needs careful testing with more apps, so far I hoped
>> Dave would do it as long as he's looking into these issues anyway. In theory
>> I can also install steam on the test machine and some games, it just needs
>> the time and I'm not sure if I'll find it, so far my main job is sufficient
>> to make me pretty tired.
>>
>> Current scheduler in SB is very fragile after adding handling for all
>> special cases discovered during initial debugging etc, I said since the very
>> beginning that I'd like to rewrite it, if only I had time. So any change
>> like this can potentially break some apps even if piglit passes, and I'm not
>> ready to take responsibility for that if I commit it myself, I just don't
>> have time to deal with all possible consequences on all supported chips.
>>
>> If you think it's ok, just push this patch (it requires revert of the
>> previous Dave's commit 7b0067d2). I'm really sorry that I can't do more to
>> help with it.
>
> Myself and Glenn are looking at it, Glenn noticed a piglit regression
> from this yesterday, I'll reproduce today and take a look.

Hi, Dave & Glenn,

Thanks for looking into it. FWIW, when I worked on it I've ran piglit's
quick tests and didn't see any regressions on evergreen (juniper 5750).
There were some failed tests in some piglit runs, but AFAIU they were
just random.

If there are any problems with this fix, I'll be glad to try to help, if
time allows.

Vadim