[Mesa-dev] Stable 10.0 branch updated for imminent release

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Mon Feb 3 19:00:37 CET 2014

Matt Turner <mattst88 at gmail.com> writes:
> We definitely want to apply "glx: Update glxext.h to revision 24777."
> in time for the next 10.0 release. It fixes a really annoying problem
> with the GL headers that make distributions lives awful.

Thanks. I'm glad I asked people to point out anything I missed. This is
exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for.

> I sent this to mesa-stable@ on the 25th. It's a slightly different
> than what's on master due to some other patches being applied to one
> branch but not the other.

Oh, I see. This was still in my queue of patches, but I had categorized
it along with "Things that have been emailed to mesa-stable@ but haven't
yet appeared in master."

Since we do have a lot of patches to mesa-stable@ that are in that
category, it would probably help to have something to more easily
distinguish this case, (which is "This is a backport of a patch which
already appears in master.").

I'd like to recommend a note in the commit message along this lines of:

    (Backported from commit 3f3aafbfeeb3939cb5cf710954ccefb8bbe9cff9)

Independently, it will be nice to have that commit identifier in the
history, (much like we already get for things we cherry pick with "git
cherry-pick -x").

I've now added that note to this commit and applied it to 10.0.

Thanks again!

-Carl

carl.d.worth at intel.com