[Mesa-dev] GalliumCompute / OpenCL on Radeon HD7790

ian_bruce at fastmail.net ian_bruce at fastmail.net
Sun Jan 19 09:20:54 PST 2014

This page:

http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/GalliumCompute/

says "Evergreen through Southern Islands GPU families are currently
supported."

It's unclear (at least to me) whether HD7790 ("Sea Islands") cards are
supposed to be included in this; apparently the GPUs are similar to the
rest of the 7000 series.

This article:

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTM5ODU

suggests that the answer might be "yes", but it doesn't specifically
mention GalliumCompute or OpenCL.

Could anybody clarify whether the information on the wiki page should
apply to a Radeon HD7790 card? Could the wiki be updated to be more
specific about which GPUs it is relevant to?

Also, could the build instructions comment on whether packages from the
Linux distribution (Debian?) might do as well? Or would those not have
been built with options like "--enable-experimental-targets=R600",
"--with-gallium-drivers=r600", and "--enable-opencl"?

Please CC me on any replies, as I'm not subscribed to these lists.

Thanks.

-- Ian Bruce