[Mesa-dev] Debugging into Mesa Driver

Timothy Arceri t_arceri at yahoo.com.au
Thu Jun 5 02:04:17 PDT 2014

On Wed, 2014-06-04 at 21:46 -0700, roshan chaudhari wrote:
> Thanks for reply.
>

> I have added "CFLAGS='-Og -ggdb3' CXXFLAGS='-Og -ggdb3'" into
> configure file and ran
> "./configure --enable-debug" ; make; make install

Where are you installing it to?? You don't really want to blow away
Ubuntu's drivers as you will have nothing to revert to if something goes
wrong.
My guess is your installing it to somewhere where Ubuntu doesn't know to
look so you not actually using the driver your building. You should take
a look at the build guide for the radeon drivers to see how to build and
setup Mesa without over wrtting your distros drivers [1]. I also wrote a
half finished intro to mesa [2] that some people have found useful as,
well as a guide on how to start contributing to Mesa [3].

[1] http://www.x.org/wiki/radeonBuildHowTo/
[2]
http://www.itsqueeze.com/2013/09/introduction-to-mesa-through-example/
[3]