[Mesa-dev] Wrong colors in 3D apps on big-endian systems

Michel Dänzer michel at daenzer.net
Tue Mar 11 21:41:02 PDT 2014

On Die, 2014-03-11 at 11:08 +0000, Richard Sandiford wrote:
> Michel Dänzer <michel at daenzer.net> writes:
> > On Mon, 2014-03-10 at 10:11 +0100, Christian Zigotzky wrote:
> >>
> >> The Fedora guys have solved the problem with the patch
> >> "mesa-9.2-llvmpipe-on-big-endian.patch". What do you think of this patch?
> >
> > It sounds like an older downstream attempt at fixing llvmpipe on big
> > endian hosts, which was superseded by the upstream fixes, which were
> > incidentally pushed by the 'Fedora guy' Adam Jackson. Adding him and
> > Richard Sandiford (the author of the fixes) to CC, maybe they can help
> > you fix up r600g.
>
> I don't know the r600 code at all, sorry.

Fair enough, but still I'm starting to regret that I didn't ask you guys
to at least try working with others to get the hardware drivers fixed up
for the llvmpipe big endian fixes before pushing them...

Also, I was hoping there would be followup work extending the same
approach for the remaining formats. Do you have any plans for that? The
current half-finished situation is quite messy and confusing for people
working on format related code.

--
Earthling Michel Dänzer            |                  http://www.amd.com
Libre software enthusiast          |                Mesa and X developer