[Mesa-dev] Conditional rendering on i965

Neil Roberts neil at linux.intel.com
Tue Nov 4 09:31:55 PST 2014

Hi,

I was thinking of taking a look at implementing proper conditional
rendering for i965. Currently it looks like we cheat to implement this
and just stall the GPU to wait for the result before deciding whether to
issue the 3DPRIMITIVE command. I think Gen7+ can support it in hardware
with the MI_PREDICATE command and the predicate enable bit in the
3DPRIMITIVE command.

Would this be a good thing to work on or has someone already done it? If
no-one objects I'll just get cracking on that.

- Neil