[Mesa-dev] Request for more info in implementing atomic counters in mesa state tracker

Aditya Avinash adityaavinash1 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 15:15:19 PST 2014

Hi,
I am currently working on implementing the extension
*GL_ARB_shader_atomic_counters*. I have a few questions.

1. What does CSO and cso_context for? Why do we have to bind with it?

2. There is a file called st_atom_constbuf.c/.h in mesa/state_tracker. As
counter buffers are different from constant buffers, is it ok to create a
new file say, st_atom_countbuf.c/.h?

3. Counter buffers dont do "upload_data". But, they take offsets. Do I have
to create a new cso api say cso_set_counter_buffer(**) to upload the data
or can use the cso_st_constant_buffer interface with some of the variables
set to NULL?

4. The st_context has struct state.constants this data type takes void
pointer and size which are specific to constant buffers. Do we have to
create something similar to that or can we ignore it (no pointer and size
are needed for counters)?

--
Regards,

*Aditya Atluri,*