[Mesa-dev] OpenGL ES 3.0 spec bug? Framebuffer Object Queries

Tapani tapani.palli at intel.com
Thu Jan 15 00:21:30 PST 2015

On 01/14/2015 05:59 PM, Samuel Iglesias Gonsálvez wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Mesa fails the following dEQP GLES 3 test:
>
> dEQP-GLES3.functional.fbo.api.attachment_query_default_fbo
>
> This test calls glGetFramebufferAttachmentParameteriv() to get
> FRAMEBUFFER_ATTACHMENT_OBJECT_TYPE information from COLOR_ATTACHMENT0.
> with the default framebuffer bound to target.
>
> Then, this call fails following the spec (section 6.1.13 "Framebuffer Object
> Queries" of OpenGL ES 3.0 spec):
>
>     "If the default framebuffer is bound to target, then attachment must be
>     BACK, identifying the color buffer; DEPTH, identifying the depth buffer; or
>     STENCIL, identifying the stencil buffer."
>
> However, the spec doesn't say what kind of error should be returned when
> attachment is not BACK, DEPTH or STENCIL and the default framebuffer is bound
> to target.
>
> Mesa returns GL_INVALID_OPERATION but the test expects GL_INVALID_ENUM.
>
> What do you think it is the correct one? Should we file a bug against the spec?

It says "Any combinations of framebuffer type and pname not described
above will generate an INVALID_ENUM error." which I believe is meant for
the whole section. It is strange because in many other places of the
spec errors are explicitly stated for each case and not like this.
GL_EXT_draw_buffers for ES2 describes explicitly this error case to use
INVALID_ENUM, ES3 very likely uses the same.