[Mesa-dev] [RFC] loader: libudev vs sysfs vs libdrm

Emil Velikov emil.l.velikov at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 06:33:12 PDT 2015

On 8 July 2015 at 18:55, Axel Davy <axel.davy at ens.fr> wrote:
> On 08/07/2015 00:15, Emil Velikov wrote :
>>

>> Can anyone shed a light/cast their 2c ?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Emil
>>

> The DRI3/Wayland/Gallium Nine DRI_PRIME path uses libudev,
> and I'm not sure it could work without.
>
> It is based on the ID_PATH_TAG advertised by udev with the device.
>
> Perhaps there is another way to compute that tag though.

Yakes forgot about that one. From a quick look we can (I know it feels
durty) use readlink(
/sys/dev/char/$(major):$(minor)).

Everything seems to be there - bus type and exact location of the
device on the bus. It's limited to sysfs users, but they are more than
the libudev ones (perhaps not by much). How does that sound ?

Cheers,
Emil