[Mesa-dev] New stable-branch 10.5 candidate pushed

Emil Velikov emil.l.velikov at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 06:40:30 PDT 2015

Hi Bernd,

On 26 March 2015 at 22:44, Bernd Kuhls <bernd.kuhls at t-online.de> wrote:
> Emil Velikov <emil.l.velikov at gmail.com> wrote in news:55136BE1.6090001
> @gmail.com:
>> and no longer requires python/mako in order to build.
>
> Hi,
>
> I am a bit confused, quoting the commit
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/commit/?h=10.5
> &id=e98909b0567b8a83a6a953cfa4ee4e7beef436b9
>
> "It is still returning error when Python is not installed."
>
> So python2 still needs to be installed, although it is not necessarily being
> used, right?

Hmm should have nitpicked on the commit message, but that's all gone
now. The essence of things is:

 - If you have python2 available you need mako otherwise configure
will error out.
I have some patches that resolve this but they're not reviewed yet.

 - Otherwise python2+mako should not be used (even if available).
If you spot that's not the case please file a bug.

Hope that clears things up a bit.

Cheers
Emil