[Mesa-dev] Mesa 10.6 release plan

Emil Velikov emil.l.velikov at gmail.com
Sun May 17 02:34:30 PDT 2015

On 16/05/15 17:11, Jason Ekstrand wrote:
> There was some discussion on IRC today about what the official date
> is.  A bunch of Intel people have been working under the assumption
> that it's the end of next week, not this week.
What would be the best way to minimise such confusion - more often email
reminders, changing the #dri-devel channel topic, other ?

> Was there some
> non-public discussion and a decision to slip?

None that I know of. fredrikh was curious about DSA (see other threads
for details), similarly curro was keen on ARB_shader_image_load_store.
The former got in, while the latter will be coming after the branch point.

> We would like to get two things in before the branch point:
>  1) The MUL series Matt just sent
>  2) Use NIR by default for GEN8+ VS.
>
> If we don't want to slip too far we can probably get both in by Monday.
I'm fine with that, although I would like to hear at least one other
developer that is for (or against) this.

Cheers,
Emil