[Mesa-dev] Fuzz testing the stand alone glsl compiler

Steve Lynch astephenlynch at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 02:52:29 PDT 2015

Hi,

I've been using afl (http://lcamtuf.coredump.cx/afl/) on the standalone
glsl compiler.

It found four different crashes in the latest code in master and I have
minimised the test cases that cause the crashes. I spent a couple of hours
poking around but haven't managed to fix any of the issues.

Is any one interested in the generated test data set?

I haven't filed the defects yet but from what I can see some of the tests
give control over a pointer that gets dereferenced. I've got no idea if
they are exploitable but thought I should check that these should still go
on the public bug list.

Cheers,

Steve