[Mesa-dev] Adaptive Vsync

Albert Freeman albertwdfreeman at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 04:42:06 PDT 2015

Ah, okay. I see what you mean now (i.e. you had to wait three months
for those suggestions I mentioned). I still haven't recieved a
response at all for my first patch from almost a year ago (although it
was insanely trivial). So it isn't just you :)

Committers simply don't have the time to find every patch.

>From what I can see, this is due to the fact that the current "mailing
list model" does not really provide an easy way for committers to know
when something actually should be committed. Patches sometimes have
reviewed by lines that would require AI to analyse properly (basically
making automation impractical) (e.g. suggested changes of reviewer
followed by reviewed by line - while in other cases just the reviewed
by line).

Plan "draft":
We need more meaningful patch response tags.
Some way to assign "review power" based on email address.
A policy deciding when a patch is ready (based on response tags and
"review power").
Some way to parse the entire mesa mailing list and send all the
patches that meet criteria to the committer.

Three problems:
1. I can't implement this with my current email and/or scripting knowledge.
2. We can't just automatically commit patches for security reasons
(best not to mention).
3. Whether committers would even like to make any changes.