[Mesa-dev] mesa: Reduce libGL.so binary size by about 15%

Matt Turner mattst88 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 12:48:25 PDT 2015

On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 9:42 AM, Arlie Davis <arlied at google.com> wrote:
> The null check is safe to remove, for two reasons.  First, we're allocating
> with calloc, so we know for sure that the entire structure is zero-filled.
> Second, we're assigning every byte of the table, so we don't even need to
> rely on zero-filling it.  (If this were a function that was frequently
> called, I'd change it to use malloc instead of calloc -- but it isn't.)
>
> Will move the * and make the other */-related style changes.
>
> Hmm, wasn't aware of xrange().  Will change to use that.
>
> After making those edits, what's the next step to push / commit this?

The best thing to do is to reply to this thread with a v2 patch and
pester people until they review/commit it (or reject it :).

Generally, git send-email is the best way to send patches, and you can
use --annotate and put messages that you don't want to appear in the
git log after the --- marker. Also, --in-reply-to will allow you to
keep threading working properly.

Thanks!
Matt