[Mesa-dev] List of unsupported extensions per driver

Glenn Kennard glenn.kennard at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 08:37:15 PDT 2015

On Tue, 29 Sep 2015 17:00:31 +0200, Marek Olšák <maraeo at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 4:48 PM, Romain Failliot
> <romain.failliot at foolstep.com> wrote:
>> What I don't understand is that all the lines starting with a "-" seems
>> be part of the GL_ARB_gpu_shader5 extension. See the line here:
>> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/tree/docs/GL3.txt#n99
>>
>> If I'm right, it means that, considering Ilia's web site,
>> GL_ARB_gpu_shader5
>> is unsupported by R600, but everything in its sublist is supported. You
>> see
>> why it is confusing?
>
> No, not everything is supported. GS streams aren't.

Actually GS streams were merged a few weeks ago. gpu_shader5 isn't enabled
yet because SB doesn't support all the features yet, and games etc getting
unoptimized shaders when trying to use more modern GL4 features is not an
acceptable regression.

Specifically, sampler and UBO indexing need SB support, the first i posted
a patch for but it's not merged yet (needs someone who can grok SB code to
review that), and the second, well, no ETA on that but work happens on it.

GL3.txt doesn't tell the whole story, its just a rough idea of whats going
on featurewise, for the details inquire, like Romain just did :-)