[Mesa-dev] cairo as state tracker

Ilia Mirkin imirkin at alum.mit.edu
Fri Aug 5 15:36:03 UTC 2016

The idea is that gallium is an unstable unversioned API, and if you want
something else, then you make a state tracker which exposes a stable API.
This can be an API for which there is a preexisting standard, like va-api
or vdpau, or it can be one of your own creation which is consumed by some
other project. I don't think that you will find much support for
stabilizing and exporting the gallium API directly.