[Mesa-dev] [RFC] New gallium flags for using different contexts in several threads

Axel Davy axel.davy at ens.fr
Sun Dec 18 16:40:03 UTC 2016

On 18/12/2016 16:57, Nicolai Hähnle wrote:

> I'm happy to be convinced otherwise if I missed something, but using
> multiple contexts from different threads, or using Map/UnmapBuffer
> from one context but sourcing the buffer from draw calls in another
> context are all perfectly supported OpenGL use cases.
There is also the case of having persistent coherent buffer mapped with
one context, and used with another one.
If implementation of coherent requires driver flushes the range at draw
calls, I guess it may not work as is with the multi context scenerio
(looking at nouveau, it seems to check if the buffer is mapped in
current context for example, not for all possible contexts)

Axel