[Mesa-dev] [RFC] - Rewrite mesa website in Sphinx

Vedran Miletić vedran at miletic.net
Wed Apr 5 14:57:00 UTC 2017

On 04/05/2017 04:17 PM, Emil Velikov wrote:
> On 5 April 2017 at 12:36, Jean Hertel <jean.hertel at hotmail.com> wrote:
>> This proposal tries to fix those issues.
>>

>> Oficial repository: https://github.com/jlHertel/mesa-sphinx
>>
>> Live demo: http://mesa2.jeanhertel.com.br/
>>
> Thanks for the update Jean.
>
> I'm a huge fan of this since we can have all the documentation with
> consistent look and in one place.
> Plus if we get tired of the RTD look we can easily change the theme or
> write our own ;-)
>
> Personally I think the only thing that's missing is the News
> (index.html) page and with that we can all the lot.
> As you mentioned there's a few places where things can be
> improved/rewritten but that can follow in due time.

Second all points. It's very nice and big improvement over the current
website, not to mention easier to maintain.

As for the theme, I suggest Guzzle [1] instead; RTD is very pretty, but
it's also fairly common, as is Bootswatch. Guzzle is pretty and not so
commonly used, as far as my anecdotal experience goes.

Regards,
Vedran

[1] https://github.com/guzzle/guzzle_sphinx_theme

--