[Mesa-dev] V2 radeonsi use STD430 packing of UBOs by default

Timothy Arceri tarceri at itsqueeze.com
Tue Aug 22 12:14:16 UTC 2017

I'm a little unsure what to do with this now. Below is my shader-db
results, the majority of negative changes are from Natural Selection
2.

I looked at some dumps of the worst Natural Selection 2 shaders and
it seems to just be scheduling differences causing the regressions.

I tested with sisched but that just made things even worse.

Obviously we should be aiming to improve the schedulare, but since
this regresses things and I have no evidence of it helping anything
it makes the case for adding it pretty weak.

Thoughts??

PERCENTAGE DELTAS    Shaders     SGPRs     VGPRs SpillSGPR  MaxWaves