[Mesa-dev] configure fails to find llvm since recent llvm commit.

Emil Velikov emil.l.velikov at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 17:36:31 UTC 2017

On 3 July 2017 at 16:31, Andy Furniss <adf.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> Rafael Avila de Espindola wrote:
>>
>> What check is configure doing?
>

> Not sure just a user.
>
>> Is the llvm build a clean one? What is the value of LLVM_APPEND_VC_REV?
>

> It is a clean build.
> A reply to the list advised to start using
>
> -DLLVM_APPEND_VC_REV=OFF
>
> With this it is OK.

Skimming through the LLVM it's not obvious what is the before/after
output of `llvm-config --version'. Can anyone share some examples?

It sounds like one decided to omit the "svn" (or equivalent) from the
string returned, while the DSO still has it.

Speaking of breakage - 3.9.1 has broken llvm-config
--libnames/libfiles [1] ... sigh.
If there's a for 3.9.2 we might want to nominate it ;-)

-Emil