[Mesa-dev] [GSOC] Community bonding discussion

Gurkirpal Singh gurkirpal204 at gmail.com
Sat May 6 18:37:35 UTC 2017

Hi,

I was recently accepted as a Google Summer of Code (GSoC) student to work
on adding omx state tracker in Mesa/Gallium that uses tizonia instead of
bellagio. My mentor for this project, Julien Isorce, suggested that I
should take this opportunity to interact with the mesa community and core
maintainers.

Our first idea was to completely replace the existing state tracker but due
to not yet implemented backward compatibility support in tizonia it's not
yet feasible. So we decided to add a new component in st/omx_tizonia for
the time being and then later replace the bellagio based state tracker. Any
suggestions about a better directory tree would be great to hear.

Project draft:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BM1LdSPVAQRsle1O_jj9Ssq52Z0HHlY8XwYY5y9j6Lk/edit?usp=sharing
GSoC project link:
https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/projects/#4737166321123328