[Mesa-dev] anv: finishing bay trail support

Jonas Kulla nyocurio at gmail.com
Thu May 11 19:07:58 UTC 2017

Hello everyone,

I'm a student who's looking to create a small Vulkan demo for my computer
graphics class; my laptop (CPU: Intel N3540) has an integrated Bay Trail
chip if I looked that up right, which should be capable of supporting
Vulkan.

I saw that Bay Trail support in anv is marked "experimental", and indeed
running vulkaninfo crashes with

info.c:518: failed with VK_ERROR_INITIALIZATION_FAILED

I was wondering if someone could comment on how much work would be
involved in completing the Bay Trail code in anv, and if it's not too much,
whether someone would be willing to offer me light mentorship in doing
so. I'm mostly comfortable with OpenGL and general graphics / GPU concepts,
but I have no experience in driver code aside from following Mesa
development
as a bystander.

Thanks,
Jonas Kulla