[Mesa-dev] [RFC] some glsl->tgsi optimisations

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Tue May 30 05:52:10 UTC 2017

While looking at the fp64 emulation code, we were spending minutes
in the glsl->tgsi passes as some tests were producing shaders with
> 32000 temporaries. Now it might be possible to reduce these earlier
with some GLSL passes, but this code is pretty bad as-is.

This reduces one test execution time from 4m30 -> 5s.

I've not regression tested these much, but someone interested
might want to throw them at some slow compile situations to see
if they help any.

I'll give them a lot more testing before I consider them non RFC.

Dave.