[Mesa-dev] vulkan.radv build trouble w/ AOSP

John Stultz john.stultz at linaro.org
Thu Aug 2 00:06:47 UTC 2018

Just as a heads up, with mesa3d master (plus my other build fixups I
just sent out), I'm seeing a new build failure when building under
AOSP/master:

external/mesa3d/src/amd/vulkan/Android.mk: error: vulkan.radv
(SHARED_LIBRARIES android-arm64) missing libLLVM (SHARED_LIBRARIES
android-arm64)
You can set ALLOW_MISSING_DEPENDENCIES=true in your environment if
this is intentional, but that may defer real problems until later in
the build.
external/mesa3d/src/amd/vulkan/Android.mk: error: vulkan.radv
(SHARED_LIBRARIES android-arm) missing libLLVM (SHARED_LIBRARIES
android-arm)
You can set ALLOW_MISSING_DEPENDENCIES=true in your environment if
this is intentional, but that may defer real problems until later in
the build.
build/make/core/main.mk:842: error: exiting from previous errors.
22:56:25 ckati failed with: exit status 1

This seems to be coming from the $(call mesa-build-with-llvm) line here:
https://github.com/mesa3d/mesa/blob/master/src/amd/vulkan/Android.mk#L144

(as commenting that out avoids the issue)

This gets pulled in as AOSP will check library dependencies for all
SHARED_LIBRARIES, so that's why the vulkan.radv trips this while other
"mesa-build-with-llvm" callers don't (they are built as
STATIC_LIBRARIES).

Last time we had this issue, it was with the libpciaccess library,
which we solved it by dropping it.

In this case I'm not sure what the best solution might be.

* We could set it as a static library instead?

* Alternatively, it seems we might be able to use the libLLVM_android
library instead of libLLVM here:
  https://github.com/mesa3d/mesa/blob/master/Android.mk#L107

Other ideas/suggestions?

thanks