[Mesa-stable] Stable request

Eric Anholt eric at anholt.net
Wed Apr 30 17:18:07 PDT 2014

Carl Worth <cworth at cworth.org> writes:

> Eric Anholt <eric at anholt.net> writes:
>> If 10.1 doesn't have stencil texturing, then you don't need to be
>> checking for whether you need to track whether stencil has been written
>> for flushing the texture cache.  Just drop the if block.
>
> Are you saying that the following hunk should be removed from the
> backported patch?
>
>   +   if (stencil_mt)
>   +      brw_render_cache_set_check_flush(brw, stencil_mt->region->bo);
>   +
>
> If so, I can drop that when applying the patch. Let me know.

There's no need for that hunk, because we'll never check whether a
rendered-to-with-stencil thing needs to be flushed for texturing without
stencil texturing.  I think it makes more sense as a backport to drop
it, since the ctx->Extensions bool that was checked in master isn't
present because the extension isn't supported anywhere on 10.1.

However, having the line is harmless, so whatever lands is fine.