[Mesa-users] [Mesa3d-users] Mesa Cell Driver Compiling

Brian Paul brianp at vmware.com
Wed Apr 21 06:57:53 PDT 2010

Re-directing this to the new mesa-users list...

Saad Mohammad wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> Its my first time on the list so firstly, Hi to everyone :).
>
> Now my question is, I am required to develop an OpenGL application on
> Cell BE. I will be using QT for GUI purposes and my idea is to link it
> with Gallium driver to perform Graphics work. Now my question is can I
> compile mesa drivers as 64-bit? The linux-cell file in configs directory
> uses 32-bit flags, so I was wondering if is it some kind of restriction?
> or just a choice?

Are you going to be using a PS3 or a IBM Cell Blade or something else?

I used a PS3 for developing the Cell driver and IIRC, the PS3 only
runs 32-bit Linux.

The SPUs only execute 32-bit code but the PPU code should be amenable
to 64-bit compiliation.  But I don't know of anyone ever trying that.

-Brian