[Mesa-users] checking OSmesa performance

Daniel Fuster dfuster at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 09:35:23 PDT 2010

Hi Tom

thanks for your email

> You are getting your system's OpenGL library, *not* OSMesa.  Verify
> your LD_LIBRARY_PATH has the libGL you need, and that 'ldd binary'
> finds the correct GL lib.

 LD_LIBRARY_PATH was fine, the problem was with the binary file.

You were right, I was linking to the wrong library. For some reason,
neither this configuration
./configure --prefix=$HOME LDFLAGS="-lGL -lGLU"
nor
./configure --prefix=$HOME LDFLAGS="-lGLU -lOSMesa"
did link properly the libraries I was using

Finally I could make it work with these flags:
./configure --prefix=$HOME LDFLAGS="-lGLU" OSMESA_CFLAGS="-lOSMesa"

Maybe it is only an issue with the makefile of my code, I am not sure

thanks a lot anyway
Daniel