[Mesa-users] radeon_drv.so provided by xf86-video-ati and mesa

Martin Stolpe martinstolpe at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 09:55:47 PDT 2010

Hello,
I've built xf86-video-ati and mesa from git. I have a r500 card and enabled
Gallium for mesa. When I build those two packages each of them has the
following file: "/usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/radeon_drv.so". This means if I
install these two packages I got a conflict because of the file.

Xorg starts with the "radeon_drv.so" from xf86-video-ati but not with the one
from mesa. What is the file from mesa used for? Is it meant to replace the file
from DDX? Any clarification would be appreciated.

Regards,
Martin