[Mesa-users] Off-Screen Rendering

Tim Gustafson tjg at tgustafson.com
Sat Oct 9 09:36:26 PDT 2010

Hi,

I just successfully compiled the osdemo.c program, which illustrates
off-screen rendering.  The program is working very well, but as it
turns out Targa is not really a very helpful format when it comes to
web media, which is what my project is targeted at.  So far, I've been
using GD to manipulate 2D image data and I was wondering if the data
format that is output by off-screen rendering is "XBM" or "XPM"
format?  Or do I need to go through all the pixels in the memory
buffer and do a SetPixel instruction in GD for each one of them?

To phrase the question another way: what's the shortest path from the
data in a Mesa OSMesaCreateContext buffer to a PNG, GIF or JPG file?

--

Tim Gustafson
tjg at tgustafson.com
831-332-1496