[Mesa-users] Unable to build Mesa 7.9 on Windows

Frederic Claux frederic.claux at global-vision-systems.com
Sun Oct 24 09:18:32 PDT 2010

2010/10/24 Chia-I Wu <olvaffe at gmail.com>

> On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 10:10 PM, Frederic Claux <fclaux.gvs at gmail.com>
> wrote:I don't know if there is a
> suggested way, but I use SCons to build mesa on Windows myself
>
>  http://www.mesa3d.org/install.html#scons

Isn't there a location where I can get precompiled mesa 7.9 binaries?

There really are multiple problems when trying to build with Visual Studio.
I tried to use SCons on Windows, but I'm not going very far with it:

1) I installed Python 3.1.2
2) then SCons (which detected C:\Python31 installation directory)
3) I added C:\Python31 and C:\Python31\Scripts to my system path
4) From the Mesa-7.9 directory, I opened a command prompt and issued:

scons debug=yes statetrackers=mesa drivers=llvmpipe winsys=gdi dri=false

I get the following python error right away:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
  File
"c:\Python31\Scripts\..\Lib\site-packages\scons-2.0.1\SCons\__init__.py",
line 43, in <module>
    import SCons.compat
  File
"c:\Python31\Scripts\..\Lib\site-packages\scons-2.0.1\SCons\compat\__init__.py",
line 90, in <module>
    import _scons_builtins
ImportError: No module named _scons_builtins