[Mesa-users] Some tests - Will the speed return?

Sebastian H. vand2 at gmx.de
Sat Mar 12 01:56:54 PST 2011

Hello Tormod

> are these versions all tested with DRI2 (implied by KMS in the case of
> radeon), or does the FPS drop coincide with switching to KMS?

The Debian wiki states that KMS is enabled by default
for radeon in Debian/Squeeze

dmesg | grep mode
[    5.053436] [drm] radeon kernel modesetting enabled.
[    5.054877] [drm] radeon: Initializing kernel modesetting.

Seems to be true. But I have no idea about DRI2.
Kernel is 2.6.32 amd64
libdrm is 2.4.23 - in /opt/mesa

What I did is to first build all releases.
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/opt/mesa/lib/pkgconfig

Then for each
cd Mesa-7.xxx
./configure --prefix=/opt/mesa
make -j8

Then
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/opt/mesa/lib/"
export LIBGL_DRIVERS_PATH="/opt/mesa/lib/dri/

And then for each release
in the same console without changing anything else

cd Mesa-7.xxx
sudo make install
nexuiz +map ...

Sebastian